Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Spiritual Warfare

As I sit here and type this I can hear the birds out back singing their unwritten melodies. I see the rays of the sun piercing even the smallest of cracks in the trees. I smell the fresh summer air as I breathe deep the beauty that is this day and I wait. I wait to hear people shouting for joy over what God has done for them. People so intently fixed on sharing their lives with others that they simply cannot hold back their love for one another that burns so passionately within them, given only through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. But much to my disappointment I keep waiting... and waiting... and waiting.

There is a hatred that has turned what was meant for good and used it for evil. It has turned the shouts of joy into cries of sadness. It has corrupted this land of plenty into a pit of dispair. As I try to determine why all this has come to be I wait.

Then it hits me. The reason all this has been corrupted, the reason all these people die, the reason all those people suffer is caused by exactly what I have just told you... waiting. If all we ever do is wait to figure out how to stop this then we add to all this evil that has detroyed God's creation. So no more waiting, and no more trying to figure out how to stop this. We've been told how to already, we just have to listen. The time is now, this is our fight. Satan knows no rules of war, and he will not fight honorably. He will come at not only us, but our families and friends. It is time to show him what we've got.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." ~ Jim Elliot

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke

3 comments:

Judy said...

You had me at "birds out back singing their unwritten melodies"

Judy Martin

Lori said...

Totally right, Chris!!! Waiting...and waiting - for what??? What will modivate people to action? How many opportunities to reach out do we need before we stop pondering the Gospel and start living it out!?! The "living it out" part puts us in the war. And, satan doesn't abide by any rules...but we have the Spirit - and our weapons are not carnal. Now, we need to get off our butts and learn how to use them, to practice and train - rather than ponder and wait...and wait.

Krissy said...

Brilliant. And to think, if I had missed the Training, I would still be waiting for nothing! We can't just sit back and allow Satan any more ground. To do so would be admitting defeat. It's time to fight back.