Monday, May 28, 2007

"Salvation"

Reaching out for a hand I can't see,
I feel a hope that I can't believe.
I know the way you work is strange,
So I think it's time for me to change.
To start a life the won't slow down,
And let you turn this life around.
To trade this death for your perfect life,
And know what it's like having You inside.
You've given me more than I'll ever know,
And so Your love to them I'll show.
The line's been drawn and it's time to choose sides,
The side of hate or one where love resides.
You've made it clear which sides will stand or fall,
So I choose You as my all in all.
You are my God, my hiding place.
I raise this life to Your unending grace.
I lift this bleeding soul to only You,
The perfect Healer, please make me new.
Mend the broken heart inside my chest,
And pour Your mercy and my contempt.
I cannot keep this life of sin,
This pit of lies I've been living in.
I hear Your voice calling my name,
And I know it was for me that, to die, You came.
For all the nails I've driven in,
Show me new ways to begin.

2 comments:

Bob Carder said...

Excellent or perfect whichever is greater. :)

Krissy said...

Wow. This is, by far, the best one you've ever written.