Sunday, June 1, 2008

Holding to Faith

This God, This Friend with nail pierced hands,
The Sacrifice, The Spotless Lamb,
For me has come to bring me home,
And give me more than minds can know.
Though I walk this desert place,
I find my drink in His true grace.
Though I walk this valley of death,
I find my life in His deep breath.
Life my be long and sometimes hard,
But for this reason His flesh was scarred.
His side was pierced and body hung,
But for His death my praise be sung.
For through his death my life is found.
He's put my life on stable ground.

1 comment:

G.N. said...

On Christ the solid rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
-Edward Mote

"For no one can lay any foundation other than the one that has been laid; that foundation is Jesus Christ."
-1 Corinthians 3:11

Keep holding, brother!