Monday, January 14, 2008

Let noone disregard you!

I was mopping floors at my job earlier and began to think of another poem. I'll write it out on here but it may not be complete yet and I'll need a name.

Drowning in this ocean of love
flowing with the tears You've cried.
Every time I've wandered away
yet every time You've tried...
Tried to keep me in Your arms,
You've tried to hold me near.
But every time I've gone astray
and listened to my fears.
I've taken lies given to me.
I've made them all come true.
Yet every time I've given in,
I come right back to You.
You've given love through Your cross,
though I refused to wear it.
You've given me this precious life,
though I've refused to spare it.
I have not lived a life for You,
instead I've looked for something else.
Something that will never do,
a life that led me straight to hell.
But You have saved me from my way,
and given me a new heart.
You cast away the hate in me,
and replaced it with a new start.
You've saved me from this body of death,
despite the wretched man I am.
I choose to live a life in You,
and give you everything I can.

1 comment:

Krissy said...

This is really amazing! I always like reading the stuff you write. It's very encouraging.