Monday, August 20, 2007

"Taking Ground" complete

As I walk here in this barren desert,
my feet scraping against sand.
I reach into the open air,
praying for a hand.
Although I cannot see it
I know it must be there.
I've been waiting all my life to find
someone who really cares.
My tears have fallen long enough
to form a thousand seas,
But tears can't lend the power as
can falling to my knees.
I know you hear every whisper,
every little cry.
So why does it never seem to work
every time I try?
I'm screaming 'til my throat bleeds
but never making sound.
I've sat here in this prison
never rising from the ground.
But I know He heard these muffled cries,
and brought me back to life.
So now I owe my all to Him,
and give myself tonight.

4 comments:

Krissy said...

Perfect! It's honest and encouraging- a great description of true victory and who gives it. I love the word pictures you've created!

Dr. Terry M. Goodwin said...

One of the most amazing poems I have ever read! Keep writing - Keep writing!!

Judy said...

WOW. I was going to ask you to tell me which album and artist that song came from....then after scouring the posts...did you actually write that yourself? If so you need to definitely pursue getting some music to it. Of course it absolutely stands alone as a poem but others need to see it or hear it. That is one of the most awesome pieces I've read.....Judy

Bob Carder said...

Really great stuff here. You are growing and I look on with praise to God for you.